If you want to leverage the fed-rate rise leading to increase in interest rate of certificate of deposits it is perfect time to move your cash balances from your checking account, online savings account, money market account onto CD’s
There are plenty of banks offering 1 year CD at enticing rate of 2.50% per annum
When we look at the profile of these financial institutions they are all FDIC insured upto maximum limit of 250000 per depositor account
I asked them how do they count the 250000 balances and they mentioned that it is combination of balances in all accounts with that particular bank
As such September 2018 is another fantastic month as far as CD rates are concerned. Get 1 year CD at their promotional rate of 2.75% per annum from USAlliance Financial credit union. This is a credit union and covered by NCU
There are many more labor day specials at this credit union
Allybank the Peoples bank as they call it right has an interesting concept of Ally Signature card. This post title says AllyBank Confirms You? So what does this mean. One of my friends opened an account with Ally bank few days back and he had been getting signature card from ally but never bothered to sign and have it sent to Ally head office at Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
At the end of the year his interest accrued has been deducted (backup withholding) at 27% and he had to go for a tax refund request. Thats wherein he understood the importance of signature card. So, I wanted to discuss significance of Ally Signature card and reason why you can’t ignore this
What is ally signature card?
Federal tax regulation mandates Ally bank to have your identity including name, account number, social security verified by your physical signature. Hence whenever we open a new accoutn with ally bank we get a card that needs to be signed and sent once
If you get the card for second time it is a mistake and you dont have to resend it as they already have it on file
It helps us protect against fraud and confirms SSN identity
Tax backup withholding is regulated by this card
Do I need to spend any money on this signature card?
Ally sends a postage-paid envelope. All they need is your autograph (signature). So, don’t procastinate this process. It is so simple
Can I speak to ally customer care if I dont get a card within one month after opening account or if I have some questions?
Ally is 24×7 peoples bank and hence can be reached at 1877-247-ALLY with 0 extension
To make a transfer from you allybank checking (or) savings account onto a third party checking or savings account we can make use of POPMONEY the facility that helps us transfer money if we know the email address of the third party. This service comes for free with your normal ally bank acounts
This money transfer facility from allybank demands the receiver to share their email address or phone number details only. Once the person is within USA money can be sent to the person
If you face any issues including Access restriction while using POPMONEY instead of calling ally bank customer service contact POPMONEY customer service directly to fix the issue really quick
Pop money contact number – 8776756378
Allybank ATM & Cash Locator In Smartphones:
As life is growing more digital many banks are offering their customers interesting digital products and one of the most prominent application is the mobile banking software application. Such applications help us get all the banking actions done using a simple phone.
Smart phones including iphone from Apple, Google Android have come out with support of many such applications and allybank has entered the roster of banks offering mobile banking solutions
Now it is possible to locate Ally bank’s ATM & Cash locations using simple smartphones applications that are supported with Apple iphone and Google Android smartphone
For Apple iphone application go to apple online store
For android application visit
We can even track it online using Ally bank website that has automated location tracer feature
Allybank Webroot SecureAnywhere Secured Mobile Banking in android devices :
Allybank the Peoples bank has come up with plenty of interesting features, offers and benefits to its customers and most of them come for free. Lets take a quick look at the interesting mobile banking security solution AllyBank Webroot SecureAnywhere solution the android mobile banking solution from Allybank that comes for free to this customers
This solution can be downloaded for free from Android App Store and is available only for android devices no. Note that this is not available for iPhone, iPad and Apple gadgets
What benefits do I get out of using AllyBank Webroot SecureAnywhere?
1) Complete protection against virus, spyware,pishing attacks, threats
2) Always up-to-date as auto update is possible
3) Auto link identification possible
4) Malicious attacks totally prevented
5) Free for ally customers
6) Supports following OS – Mac, Windows, Android
Allybank Login Page With New Look And Feel:
Allybank the peoples bank has one of the best interfaces that always makes user xperience a joy. Allybank is investing a lot in its IT projects and one evidence is the new revamped user interface from ally bank. Though ther eis not much change in way a user logs into the system say issuing username, gollowed by keyphrase, followed by password the new look and feel is cool and improved over the old one.
Allybank the peoples bank has been introducing lots of new features and revamping continuously. Safe phrase option is to be removed and lots of new options will be included. The new page will have less login prompts and there will be no need to enter safe phrase during every login attempt. This makes usability easy and cool. Lets wait for this to come soon
No More Ally Perks From ally Bank:
Ally bank has always been my favourite bank not only because of the kind of services they offer but also owing to fact that they are innovators and are known to have introduced best schemes that are replicated in various forms by other banks. Now, lets talk about allyperks the fantastic cash back deal from Allybank. This is simple and possible by using Ally checking account linked debit card. Look for allyperks in your bank account and start using your allybank debit card in chosen shops, both online and offline. Make purchases upto limit mentioned in the perk ad details and it is time to get cash rewards soon
Allybank has always been pioneer in introducing innovative schemes to its customers. They are forerunners in the cash back program popularly called Ally Perks
Ally bank has determined to stop the ally perks program starting july 2013. As per an official email from Ally bank this is no longer supported by ally bank. Lets wait for some best program from Ally
Ally Bank Customercare USA:
Ally bank the most trusted name in financial sector is well known for its best quality customercare. Apart from finalcial services they are pioneers in auto financing, gmac mortgage,dealer services, commercial finance to name a few.
Ally bank is best known for its high yield CD’s, fixed deposits.
Here is the detail on customercare of Ally bank
For banking and related services call –
For auto financing related options call – 1888925-ALLY(2559)
State bank of India is one of the best nationalized bank with very good online service facility. This includes easy money transfer using internet banking, online fixed deposit opening etc. If you are an NRI (Non-resident Indian) staying outside India it is a very good option to have an NRI account with SBI.
NRI account comes in two major forms – NRO, NRE
NRE – Your Indian transactions (deposit, withdraw at India) can’t happen with this account. Also, if we open fixed deposit in NRE scheme interest earned is non-taxable (but interest rates are substantially lower)
NRO – We can operate our Indian transaction in addition to overseas transaction using this account. If you are planning to start a business this is the right chooice. Fixed deposits yield good returns under NRO. The interest earned under this scheme is taxable. Tax percentage depends on your country of residence, taxation rules etc. Usually it is about 30%
In either case (NRE savings, NRO Savings) if we have money in our savings account we earn a interest of 3.47%. SBI makes the NRI account opening process very easy and simple. Here are the steps to create a new NRI account with SBI :
1) Log onto SBI NRI website and download NRI Account opening forms online (Right corner-> Download Forms->Open An Account)
2) The account opening form will have NRE in the header. Strike it out and make it NRO if you are planning to open an NRO account( There is no separate form for opening NRO. I got this confirmation from SBI customer support representative today). Another change in Section II (Account Details Types of Account to be opened in first page is needed) Change Non-Resident (External) Savings Bank Account to Non-Resident(Ordinary) Savings bank account
3) Fill the necessary details.
4) Attach an attested copy of passport (only first page, last page, filled pages, pages with visa stampings,I-94 in case of H1-B,H-4 visas etc) are needed. Also, include copies of valid visa, identity proof etc. All these photocopies need to be attested by notary public, your banker abroad (If you maintain a bank account in your country of residence (say USA,UK) your bank will have facility to attest your copies))
5) Attach proof of telephone bill,electricity bill, recent bank statement, cancelled cheque etc – Two such proofs are needed
6) In case of joint account the documents mentioned in step 4 and step 5 are needed for both the applicant
7) There are two types of branches -Ordinary branch, Personal banking branch (PBB)/Sp PBB. If your branch is an ordinary branch send a cheque/DD for Rs.1000. In case of personal banking branch send a cheque/DD for Rs.5,000
8) If you are going for a DD it is addressed payable to :
Branch Name Your Name (Opening a new NRO/NRE Savings Account)
9) Attach your passport size photoes. Sign it across
10) Your signature in page 2 Section VIII (Specimen signature) need to be attested by notary public/banker abroad
ICICI bank had always been pioneer in introducing innovative packages, forrunner of e-governance in banking arena. This new online facility from ICICI bank had made it possible to pay taxes online in simple steps
1) Select the relevant challan from NSDL site
2) Enter your PAN number, TAN number whichever is applicable
3) Enter challan detail. Select ICICI bank.Click submit
4) Choose the relevant option – Retail banking user, corporate banking user
5) Log onto internet banking site of ICICI bank. Use your username and password
6) Enter amount details and authorize payment
7) You’ll get acknowledgement of successful completion. Take a print out of the same.
In the bank accounts section, eTax challan link helps us download Direct Tax payment acknowledgement receipts of last three successful payments.
If you are looking out for a nationalized bank in India with great online facility including internet banking, ATM facility and many such great features, the best bank would be State Bank Of India. Popularly called as SBI this bank offers plenty of useful services for NRI including NRO, NRE,FCNR bank accounts, Home Loan etc. Today I explored the SBI website and found the interesting features available in NRI (Non Resident Indian) home loan scheme :
1) Fast Processing – This will not take more than a month provided you submit all the documents needed without any fail
2) Administrative Fee Waived – This is fee associated with processing the home loan. This is charged by some private banks. This is totally waived in case of SBI. This is a great option to be looked at if you are planning for small loan amount of around Rs.3,00,000 (3 lakh and around)
3) No Hidden Costs – This bank loan has complete transperancy
4) Bank Takeover Option available – You can transfer your existing loans from other bank to SBI
5) Higher loan amount is possible
6) Early payment no issues – If you repay the amount after half of the original tenor, you don’t have any penalty. So, you can clear 20 year loan in 11 years without any penalty
7) Avail other loans – Mortgage loan, student loan can be availed if we have a good payment record
8) Concessions on charges for personal remittances and outstation cheques
9) Best e-banking facility
10) Availability of branches across globe – This great network makes process simple and more easy