Tax season is the favorite season to talk more on money, taxes, savings, Wouldn’t it be interesting to get rewarded for paying your taxes appropriately in the form of cashback. Now, ebates does offer fantastic cashback for simply starting your tax filing from within ebates. Choose from one of the many different taxstore options available, shop around and start tax filing
Ebates a popular cashback site literally offers free money for starting the purchase from their website. This free money comes in the form of cashback. I started using this last month. I got my first cashback cheque yesterday. Today morning I started shopping around for best fee with tax filing software inside ebates website. Interestingly I found lots of interesting cashback bonuses while using tax filing software from within ebates
Here are the cashback percentage that are calculated on total amount spent towards tax filing as fees before taxes while your taxstore shopping starts at ebates
H&R Block – 9% cashback
e-file.com – 31% cashback
FreeTaxUSA – 25% cashback
TaxAct – 10% cashback
e-smart Tax – 10% cashback
intuit Payroll – upto $22.50 cashback
Note that taxes for 2018 are due april 17th 2018. File taxes, save money as cashback today from ebates
I filed my taxes yesterday and chose to pay the taxes using my Chase Freedom credit card instead of direct ACH transfer from my bank account. The CPA was against this as he had mentioned that I’m making a foolish decision by wasting 1.89% towards processing fees. Here is what I explained him that I’d like to share as money saving tip today
1) I applied for chase freedom credit card last month after doing rough math of my taxes. Chase freedom card comes with $150 cash back bonus that can also be redeemed in form of Chase ultimate rewards that can be used for many different purposes including travel. In my earlier post I’ve given full details on why I’m maintaining my Chase Sapphire reserve credit card inspite of paying $450 annual fees. The ultimate reward points that I earn towards meeting this spending limit can be redeemed towards travel 1.5 times its value as ultimate reward points can be combined and transferred from Chase freedom card onto Chase Sapphire card. The equivalent cash value becomes $150 x 1.5 = $225
2) In addition to this I earn 1% cashback on my spending in Chase Freedom credit card
3) Chase freedom comes with 15 months 0% APR on purchases. So, I dont have to repay this amount in full. Typically if I repay the minimum balance with $1 extra every billing cycle for next 15 months it is more than sufficient
4) I can park this money in safe instruments like one-year CD. Currently the average rate on one year CD is 2.10%. With 15 months interest it comes around 2.15% APY
Now, let us do simple math on processing fee and see if we make more
Processing Fee = 1.89%
Income Earned by Parking in CD’s = 2.15%
Cash back rewards = 1%
Cashback rewards + sign-on bonus rewards towards travel = 1.5 times $150 plus your tax bill
As a whole I save 0.50% minimum towards this if I make use of Chase Freedom credit card. You can apply for Chase Freedom credit card and get this approved today. Interestingly there is no annual fee ($0 annul fee) on Chase Freedom credit card
Chase the premiere bank offers debit and credit cards to its customers. Once you receive your card it becomes necessary to activate your card
How to activate cards over phone?
Perform ATM transaction use pin and activate new debit cards
Bankofamerica.com credit cards have lots of interesting features to offer most of the time. One interesting feature that makes it class apart and more secure is the latest chip technology.
Here are some interesting features of this new card with altest chip technology
1) Added security as the chip technology makes counterfeiting very difficult
2) Easy to use
3) No cost
4) International card acceptability across 130 countries
5) No PIN needed with international transaction
After a long time I logged into my paypal account today. I had a initial popup screen which asked me if I’d be interested in going for a paypal debit card to get instant cash. I clicked on No thanks.
I landed in my account page and I found a link below my Paypal balance which read “It’s your money! Get it fast with the Paypal debit card Apply Now”..
I wanted to share this information with my readers and clicked on Apply Now.
I clicked on get started button. This is a three step process :
1) Get Verified – If you already have an active paypal account it shows completed. If you are a new user you’ll be contacted by a paypal representative. They’ll ask you for details for verification
2) Upgrade your Paypal Account – If you’ve an active account it shows completed status
3) Provide Few Additional details – This checks for your right address for the card to be shipped to you. You can click on select address and proceed further. You’ll be asked to verify your birthdate and few other details. click on Continue and you’re done. Get your Paypal debit card today and withdraw money using your debit card
Paypal Mobile Application, Paypal Mobile Application For Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Paypal Mobile Application For Your Smart Phones:
In my previous post I’ve mentioned about the paypal debit card to get instant cash. In paypal front page I found an interesting information on Paypal iPhone Application.
This paypal mobile application can also be used with smart phones including blackberry, Android etc.
This new application can be used to send money, purchase items, manage accounts.
We choose to have pizzas atleast once a week, if not once in 15 days. Lets take a family of two. So, the cost of pizza comes around say $15. So, what am I going to talk about. How can we save money on pizzas.
1) When we purchase a pizza, we find offer stickers being pasted on top of pizza boxes
2) Most of the times we trash those stickers and don’t make use of it
3) Once I collected those stickers. It was an seasonal offer
4) After ten days when I called up and checked up with the pizza shop I found that I need to pay $5 extra to get the pizzas that I got $5 less the other day.
5) I had the coupons with me. We might get coupons in form of posts from pizza companies as well
6) I mentioned that I have the coupon and asked him if I could use it. (Checkout for offer expiration date.this is important.). I had a valid coupon
7) I was given information that I can redeem those coupons through online offers only…WOW…
8) I checked my credit card websites
9) To my surprise I had 3% cashbackbonus on pizza purchase…WOW $5 + $0.45 = $5.45
10) I placed the order online. Now comes the pickup or door delivery option. I had to pay $2.50 extra towards my door delivery
11) I checked the distance between my home and pizza corner. It was a cool snow flurry day. So, I was initially hesitant for a pickup and wanted to goahead with door delivery option.
12) Distance between the shop and my place was 6miles (approximately) . So, 12 miles X $3/ 30 = $1.2 (approximately) is my fuel charge. I will have 3% cashback bonus on fuel purchase so it is now $1.2 – ($3X 0.03) = $1.2 – $0.09 = $1.11
13) Difference is around $2.50-$1.11 = $1.39
So, I opted to pick it up. this might sound too big.. On an average we have pizzas atleast 30 times in a year ($1.39 X 30 = $41.70) which can be used towards a weekly grocery expense..Again MAKE MONEY OFFLINE…PENNY SAVED IS PENNY EARNED
It is possible not only to pay your bills but also to make money with your credit cards. On first day of every month we see many debits in our bank accounts. It is possible to see credits if we use our credit cards in an optimal fashion.Some tips on how to make use of great credit cards and make good money have been discussed here :
1) Always use credit cards with highest cashback offer while purchasing different items.
2) Check credit card’s website regularly for great cashback bonus offers – In my experience I own three credit cards.Whenever I go out for a purchase in weekend say grocery, medicines, restaurant, travel I check my credit card website for offers. Last week I found an interesting offer which guaranteed me 5% cashback bonus on my grocery, medicine purchase. I spent $600 and made closer to $30…WOW Isn’t it…I meant this because I have two other cards which just had 1% cashback on any purchase. This was a new offer in my third card and I grabbed it. Offers might popup unexpectedly. Don’t miss to check your website before any purchase
3) Paying bills on time saves interest – Check your credit balance regularly. Pay your bills without fail so that you save money in form of interest. I see people ending up paying 24% interest due to procrastination. They don’t check their account regularly and miss billing cycle.
4) Forms of reimbursements from credit card – We can get two forms of reimbursements from credit card companies. It could be in form of cash or points. If cash follow the point 2
5) Optimal choice of credit card point accumulation – Point accumulation happens whenever you make a purchase. Points can be redeemed in form of cashback coupons, gift cards, electronic gadgets etc. Choosing between electronic gadget and gift coupons is very important. Last week I was about to redeem my points. I chose a heater worth $x. They also had some gift voucher offers. When I checked with retailer’s website who owns the gift voucher I could see that the item is worth $5 less. So, I opted for a gift voucher. So, spend your time on careful analysis and optimal choice
6) Point transfer across credit cards – At times we might like to transfer points across credit cards. Checkout with customer care of both the credit card companies, get a confirmation before performing point transfer
7) Possibility of getting a cashback instead of points – It is possible to get a cashback bonus instead of points . This might be of great help if we are launching a new business, our initial investment during affiliate marketing business etc. If we spend say $100000 we might get a cashback of $1000 (varies). Check out with customer care, mention that you’ve been using that card for a while, mention that you haven’t default before (if you haven’t really…))), mention that your credit score is good (maintain one), mention that you’re planning for huge purchase and insist on changing the offer from points to cashback bonus (viceversa as per your need). Get a confirmation from customer service representative and proceed further. Save Money offline and live better..
We make use of credit card on a daily basis. I’ve recommended in my previous posts on money management to avoid credit card on day-to-day purchases to spend less. We can still make the optimal use of credit card to earn rewards in the form of cash back. Choose credit card to cater your needs – Use gas credit card if you travel long distances for work, use credit card with best deals on flight, motel deals if you travel a lot.
This post gives details on 0%APR. This is the best way to save money on your interest. Lets say you own $10,000 debt in credit card A. You pay 11% APR on this credit. Now lets say credit card B introduces a balance transfer offer. They charge you 3% on balance transfer. You pay 0%APR for 1 year. In this case if we do a balance transfer from credit card A to credit card B we save — 11-3 = 8%APR as a whole. This comes around $10,000 * 8/100 = $800. This is a huge saving. So, look out for such deals to save big on credit card interest.