Posted on

Tax Identification Number USA TIN Numbers

Tax identification numbers which usually have an IN suffixed to them, also called as TIN numbers are the numbers used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax administration purposes. They are issued by either the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) itself or by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Following are the tax identification numbers issued by IRS
1) Employer Identification Number – EIN
2) Individual Tax Identification number – ITIN – Popular among H-4 (dependent) visa community
3) Tax payer identification number for pending U.S Adoptions – ATIN
4) Preparer Tax Identification Number – PTIN
There is only one most important tax identification number issued by social Security authority
1) Social Security Number – SSN
Any of these numbers are needed for filing taxes, claiming exemptions, claiming social security benefits to name a few

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.